Link Your NIN To Your Phone Numbernanish
NNC announced that all telecom services providers are mandated to provide customer with ways to link their phone numbers with their National Identity Number (NIN) in two weeks. It had also been reported that any customers who failed to link his/her NIN to their mobile number will be blocked within 2 weeks.
What is NIN?
NIN stand for National Identification Number (NIN), which is a unique number which identifies you for life and only issued by NIMC after your enrolment. The NIN is 11 numbers randomly of alphanumeric assigned to an individual after completion of enrolment into the National Identity Database (NIDB).
Easy ways to link your NIN to your Phone number
Check Your NIN Number Using Your Mobile Number
Dial *346# to retrieve your National Identification Number (NIN), available on mobile Network.
How to Link MTN number to your NIN
linking your NIN to your MTN Number can be done in two easy steps:
- The official website
- mobile short code
- Visit MTN online NIN portal: https://mtnonline.com/nin/
- Fill in the details correctly: your First Name, Last Name, Middle Name (optional), Phone Number, NIN, and Email Number.
- Click “submit”.
Mobile Short Code
You can link your NIN on your phone by:
- wait for the pop-up prompt asking for your 11 Digit National Identification Number. Input the 11 Digit National Identification Number Then send.
- A window will pop-up saying “your NIN has been successfully received”.
How to Link Airtel number to your NIN
The following ways can be used to link your Airtel line:
- Airtel NIN Portal
- Mobile shortcode
Airtel NIN Portal
- Visit: https://www.airtel.com.ng/nin
- Enter your mobile number, click send OTP… wait for OTP
- Enter OTP
- Enter NIN (11 Digits Only)
- Tick the I accept term and condition
- Click proceed
- Dial *121#.
- Press 1.
- Enter your 11 Digit National Identification Number, then send.
- A confirmation pop up notifying you of successful linking or you will receive a text message for successful confirmation.
How to Link GLO number to your NIN
You can link National Identification Number through text format to 109.
Follow these steps:
- Send” UpdateNIN, NIN, First name, Last Name ” to 109
- UPDATENIN [space] 12876543901 [space] Onwuchekwa [space] Peniel
Confirm Your Mobile Number Linking Status
you can confirm if your NIN was successfully linked using the following steps on various networks:
- MTN: Dial *789*1#
- Airtel: Dial *746#
- Glo: Text REG to 746 or 3456.
For 9mobile users, the telecoms provider have not release any official method of linking NIN to mobile number but plans to make it very easy for customers to link their NIN to mobile number.